Ask a Question
To Ask a Question or leave a comment – please type below and we will pass it to our speaker panel. Thank you
Download the Agenda here – Please note all times listed are IST/BST (Irish Summer Time)
The IHSS Annual Meeting 2021
- 8.50 Welcome and Introduction Patricia Eadie
SESSION 1: Operative Management CMC joint Osteoarthritis
Chair: Patrick Groarke
- 08.55 Change in management over the past 20 years Michael O’Sullivan
- 09.10 Is there a role for injection? Catherine Bossut
- 09.25 Is there still a role for fusion? Denise Shirley
- 09.40 CMC joint arthroplasty Richard Hanson
- 09.50 Post operative rehabilitation Mary Naughton
- 10.05 How I manage CMC joint arthritis Greg Couzens
SESSION 2: Carpal Instability Non Dissociative
Chair: Patrick Groarke
10.50 Dorsal extrinsic ligaments and their importance in CIND
SESSION 3: Free Papers
Chair: Michael Eames
- 11.45 6 mins x 7 Speakers
- The use of Platelet Rich Plamsa in non operative management of mild to moderate
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – a systematic review and meta-analysis of short term
MS. Davey, MG. Davey, ET. Hurley, JT. Cassidy, H. Mullett, JG. Galbraith. Galway
University Hospitals, Galway, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Sports Surgery
Functional Outcomes following Distal Bicep Surgical Repair.
G. Heaney, S. Derham, D. Molony. Tallaght University Hospital, Dublin
Impact of an OT Extended Scope Practitioner clinic for wait listed orthopaedic elective
M. O’Donnell, N. Feeney, O. Hill, C. Bossut. St. James Hospital, Dublin.
- Introduction of Relative Motion Extension Splinting In Zone V-VIII Extensor Tendon
Injuries. The SJH Experience.
C. Davidson, M. O’Donnell, P.Eadie. St James Hospital Dublin.
- An outcomes analysis of flexor tendon zone I and II injuries using the Manchester short
splint – a single centre cohort study.
B. Lane O’Neill, KM Joyce, M O’Donnell, N Feeney, S O’Carroll, M Dempsey, P
Eadie. St James’ Hospital, Dublin.
- Two stage surgery for severe Dupuytren’s disease.
CJ Keogh, N Manley, M Cureton, P Harrington. Our Lady’s Hospital Navan, Navan,
- Taking the “Terrible” out of Terrible Triad Injuries: A Single Surgeon Experience
highlighting the importance and benefits of a specific Rehabilitation Guideline.
S. Derham, C. Fox, G. Heaney, D. Molony.. Tallaght University Hospital, Dublin.
- Questions and Answers
12.45 – 13.15 LUNCH
13.15 – 14.00 AGM / BUSINESS MEETING (This meeting will be held on Zoom – for members only – a link has been emailed to members)
SESSION 4: Flexor tendons
Chair: Paul Sullivan
- 14.00 History of flexor tendon repair David Elliot
- 14.30 What’s new in flexor tendon reconstruction? Katherine Browne
- 14.45 Rehabilitation protocol following flexor tendon repair Emma Carr
- 15.00 Managing the Pulleys David Elliot
SESSION 5: Compression Neuropathies
Chair: Paul Sullivan/ Patricia Eadie
- 15.45 NCS made easy Gerard Mullins
- 16.00 Nerve compression syndromes around the elbow and proximal forearm
Neil F Jones
- 16.45 Announcement of best paper
- Close of meeting
If you need help please contact our live stream partner, Switch New Media at [email protected]